Terrorist attacker faces prison sentence, New Zealand slightly adjusts border control measures
New Zealand immigration minister Ian Liss Galloway said on the 10th that in order to facilitate the sentencing verdict of the victims of the Christchurch terrorist attack last year and their families, New Zealand intends to relax the collection of the COVID-19 epidemic Tight border control measures.
Brenton Tarrant, an Australian man, attacked two mosques in Christchurch with semi-automatic weapons on March 15 last year, killing worshippers and social media." Live broadcast." Tarrant was arrested that day, but he pleaded not guilty for a long time. About a year later, Tarrant pleaded guilty to all charges of 51 murders, 40 attempted murders, and 1 crime of committing terrorist acts, and is scheduled to accept sentencing sentences in August.
Affected by the epidemic, the New Zealand border epidemic prevention control has not been relaxed so far, but individual foreigners with special circumstances are allowed to enter and they are required to be quarantined for 14 days after entry.
Lis Galloway said in a statement that victims and their families who are interested in attending the sentencing verdict of terrorist attackers can submit instructions to apply for entry into New Zealand. "We want to support those directly affected by that tragic incident and realize that some of them who are abroad want to attend court hearings."
Deutsche Presse reported, involving Christchurch For terrorist attack, up to two family members or one family member and one accompanying person can apply for entry into New Zealand; Tarant’s attempted murder victim with one family member or one accompanying person can apply for entry.